Saturday, December 12, 2009

(Com)Passion

In Paris I met passion.
Unbridled. Regardless of supposed tos.
Beyond arms and eyes,
Passion that has had time to explore
the deep
and shallow end,
and is still here to recall.
And I am in awe,
rather,
inspired by the wildness
contained
slightly obscured by layers and follicles.
I only caught but a glimpse of passion
personified
and I am a better person because of that.

I said,
“Save your heart because you are special.
Not everyone deserves something so special,”
knowing full well that this will be
taken into deep consideration
before being gently and with all good intentions,
set aside.
You didn’t think I saw
but your eyes
betrayed it all
as you lifted your arm
to wave good-bye,
rather,
to be continued.

My only hope is that I held up
the mirror for you
as steady as you held it for me,
as it was just us.
Compassion and passion’s words
carrying us deeper into the Parisian night.
Beyond the stars.
Into the universe
where all provisions are distributed.

-------------------------------------------------

An End Note:

COMPASSION: (n) sympathetic pity and concern for the suffering and misfortunes of others

PASSION: (n) a strong and barely controllable emotion
a) a state or outburst of such emotion
b) intense sexual love
c) an intense desire or enthusiasm for something
d) a thing causing enthusiasm